We were the closest family possible. Our world was turned upside down on 05/03/09 when my best friend, the person I love most next only to our children, my sister Trina was diagnosed with stage IV breast cancer. Her body gave out on her on 01/09/10 but she will ALWAYS be a part of our daily life and will continue to be in my posts. I started my blog to chronicle our daughter's international adoption from Guatemala and have continued to use it as a journal.

What you will find is my family trying to adapt to our new lives that were handed to us.



Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Our Weeks In Pictures


Quite a bit has happened and we've kept busy the past few weeks. To begin with the kids are out of school!


Asa with his "yeah, I'm cool, I'll be in 3rd grade next year" look. He was kind of disappointed that he didn't have the right shirt to wear. Unbeknownst to me he had planned on wearing the same shirt that he had worn on the first day of school but he had left it at Dad's. 


My girl will be in 1st grade next year! Luckily (well, after much pleading and begging to the teachers and principal) Valentina will have the same 1st grade teacher that Asa had who I LOVE. 




They are FINALLY losing some teeth!






We had to celebrate the last day of school by going out to lunch. Valentina changed her shoes and put on her  FAVORITE black shiny ones.....that are literally 2 sizes too big as you can see. There's about 2 inches between her heel and the back of the shoe. 


Asa's shoes barely made it through the school year. Valentina's were just as bad and she said later that she was embarrassed of them and tried to hide all the scuffs and holes. 




McDonalds breakfast is ok for the first full day of summer vacation, right? 
RIGHT?


Asa got to spend an afternoon with Joshua so I decided to let Valentina feel special and take her somewhere too. This is definitely a TT approved outfit!


We went to see the new "My Little Pony" movie. Valentina made fast friends with another little girl there. The theater had less than 15 people there so I let Valentina run around and talk to this girl, who was the managers daughter. Oh boy did Valentina think she was hot stuff! Walking around the whole theater without me following her, walking up and down the aisles, she thought she was a regular teenager! It gave me a small glimpse into my future and I am scared shitless. 


I have found a new blog, The Hungry Housewife, and she had made this awesome looking roast chicken. This is the one I made for dinner Sunday night. 


Yup, I think everyone liked it. 


It is impossible for Asa to eat anything chocolate and not get it all over his face. IMPOSSIBLE. 


Mom and I took the kids to the mall where they played with a giant chess game. Again, note the TT approved outfit. 


Asa trying to squeeze into the car ride with Valentina. 


Nope, not gonna work. 


While we were shopping Valentina found these shoes she HAD to have. 


Yes, I realize that she is only 6 years old. 
Yes, I realize these have about an inch high heel. 
Yes, I am scared shitless. 

1 comment:

Jen said...

They are adorable!!! I absolutely LOVE her TT approved outfits, especially the first one and her HAT!!!!!!!!